I am a professional member of the Professional Writers' Association of Canada (Saskatchewan Chapter) (www.pwac.ca) and have worked in the communications, editorial, knowledge mobilization, and research industries for nearly twenty years. Today, I help people tell their stories through online and traditional media.
Prior to becoming a knolwedge mobilization (KMb) / knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) professional, I worked as a freelance writer and editor, communications and social media strategist, policy writer and analyst, as well as an academic research officer and speech writer.
Integrating social media into communications and KMb / KTE strategies has provided me with the expertise to successfully develop, implement, and manage social media strategies and profiles for my clients, including:
- #KMbChat - Since February 2013, #KMbChat brings together those working in knowledge mobilization or knowledge translation and exchange with those who wish to learn more about these areas on Twitter in the form of a Tweetchat. The Tweetchats happen on the fourth Thursday of eacy month at noon EST. Participants discuss challenges involved in their daily practice and share their successes with each other.
- Paul Kershaw’s (University of British Columbia) New Deal for Families: A Canada that Works for all Generations research (http://blogs.ubc.ca/newdealforfamilies/)
- kidSKAN (www.kidSKAN.ca), a Saskatchewan based community of practice and knowledge translation network connecting researchers, government representatives, and community based organizations with current healthy children research, knowledge, and policies that aid in the creation of healthier communities where children can thrive.
- PWAC (Saskatchewan Chapter), the Professional Writers' Association of Canada (www.pwac.ca)
- Saskatchewan Literacy Network, a nonprofit organization working to promote literacy and essential skills in Saskatchewan (http://www.sk.literacy.ca)
As a credentialed and certified Community of Practice Manager and Facilitator who loves creating connections that lead to the formation of communities that facilitate knowledge mobilization and the promotion of a culture of continuous learning, I effectively provide a diverse range of services to clients within the government, academic, community, and corporate sectors.