Location: Fairfax, United States
Date Certified: 11 Apr 2012
Communication professional focusing on a career in Public Relations and Non-profit work. Graduating in May 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication and a Minor in Global Affairs.
Proficient in communication, writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Determined worker who completes tasks at hand quickly and efficiently. Works best in an environment where creativity is open.
Alternative Breaks at George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
September 2010– January 2012
· Promoted literacy through Vijon's Opportunity Network to a preschool and middle school in Saint Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica
· Managed 15 students to prepare for the academic needs of an impoverished preschool in January 2012
· Organized fundraising nights through local restaurants in Fairfax, VA to provide donations for the trip
Smithsonian Institution - Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Washington D.C.
May 2011– July 2011
· Edited advertisements in the Folklife Festival's fliers and radio program transcripts such as for WGTB
· Created mailing lists using Microsoft Word Mail Merge Wizard for special events hosting the Smithsonian's upper offices
· Assisted with festival preparation: sending invitations to ambassadors and Smithsonian offices, setting up changing rooms for evening concerts, and delivering supplies to performers backstage
Tudor Place Historic House and Garden, Washington, D.C.
May 2010– August 2010
· Conducted tours of the house for individuals and groups as large as 10
· Volunteered at events such as fall festivals and cocktail parties that reached crowds ranging from 50-200
· Mastered the historical documentation and intrinsic knowledge of the property including history of the Georgetown, VA area from the 18th century
Saint Agnes Catholic School, Washington, D.C.
July 2004– August 2010
· Communicated with families on enrollment opportunities and applications
· Created forms for school administration including academic calendars, directories, and class lists
· Proficient in Administrator's PLUS class scheduling software, Microsoft Outlook, and other MS applications including Power Point, Word, and Excel
Barnes & Noble College - George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
August 2008–July 2010
· Aided faculty and students with receiving textbook information as well as making order placements
· Provided customer service via phone and in person
George Mason University, Fairfax VA
Bachelor of Arts, Communication with concentration in Public Relations, Minor in Global Affairs
All Cities(7300) vancouver (493) new york (202) toronto (181) london (135) austin (131) sydney (110) pittsburgh (106) chicago (96) boston (89) atlanta (87) syracuse (86) ottawa (75) los angeles (72) san francisco (64) seattle (60) dallas (56) san diego (56) philadelphia (53) louisville (48) madrid (47)